Breaking Through COVID-19
Event Date: March 24, 2020
An exclusive virtual discussion with Dr. David Acheson, Infectious Disease Expert, former Associate Commissioner at the FDA and Chief Medical Officer at the USDA.
Date: March 24, 2020
Time: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM CST
The business and human health implications all companies are facing due to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is unprecedented. While every business is being affected, it’s clear that those who will come out on top will have been the first to act fast and prioritize mitigation and business continuity strategies.
Join C&B and Dr. Acheson in this fact-based and pragmatic COVID-19 update that will cut through the media-hysteria and opinions and provide real-time strategies and information surrounding the pandemic. Dr. Acheson will outline the very urgent steps you should be taking to ensure your business is as prepared as it can be for the inevitable changes ahead.
- Update of global status of COVID-19
- How long the outbreak will last and what to expect going forward
- How COVID-19 is spreading and surviving on unlikely surfaces
- How to keep your workforce safe
- The meaning and use of social distancing
- What to do if someone in your workforce tests positive for COVID-19
- The policies and procedures you should have today to protect your employees and your business
- Understanding what is meant by “critical infrastructure” as defined by the Department of Homeland Security
Presenter – Dr. David Acheson, Founder & CEO of The Acheson Group (TAG)
Dr. Acheson is trained as an Internal Medicine Physician and Specialist in Infectious Diseases. He served as a Chief Medical Officer at the US Drug Administration and later Associate Commissioner for Foods at the FDA. Dr. Acheson was also an Associate Professor at Tufts University in Boston and now runs The Acheson Group, a global food safety consulting business. In recent weeks Dr. Acheson and his team have worked with numerous companies to help them plan for the impact of COVID-19 on their workforce and business.
Hosted by Cottingham & Butler
Cottingham & Butler is the 25th largest insurance broker in the United States, and a recognized leader in offering innovative property & casualty and employee benefit insurance solutions. The privately held organization was founded in 1887 and is headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, employing over 1,000 employees across the U.S.