Driver Qualification Files / Driver Physicals Webinar (Are Your Doctors Certified?)
Event Date: April 18, 2014
Stay ahead of changing regulatory requirements for Driver Qualification File management and compliance. Motor carriers must assure that all drivers of commercial motor vehicles meet the minimum qualifications specified in Part 391.
An important factor within the qualification of commercial drivers is that the driver is medically qualified. Although most trucking safety professionals have never received formal medical training, the regulations state that a motor carrier must ensure its drivers are medically qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle. So just what should a motor carrier review on the long form physical? Should a carrier use selected clinics or allow its drivers to have any medical professional conduct these examinations?
Safety Managment Services Company’s webinar series will address:
- Who needs a driver qualification file
- The minimum documents that must be included in a driver qualification file
- Techniques to organize driver qualification files
- How to read a long-form medical form
- What are the key areas of the medical exam a carrier should review
- How to determine if your doctor is certified to meet state regulations
If you wish to learn more about driver qualification files, sign up for Safety Managment Services Company’s April webinar. Sample documents will be provided to help you maintain your driver qualification files.
Date: Friday, April 18, 2014
Time: 11:00AM– Noon CST
Presented by: Rich Moldstad, Safety Consultant