2022 IRMI Construction Risk Conference
December 9, 2022
By: Emily Glanz
The IRMI Construction Risk Conference (CRC) is a 4-day event that brings over 3,000 general contractors, subcontractors, developers/owners, insurance carriers, and insurance brokers together. For those with construction risk and insurance top of mind, this is a great event to attend and gives line of sight to emerging safety and risk management trends and strategies. Additionally, it allows for unparalleled networking with risk management leaders in the construction industry.
The 2022 CRC was held from November 13-16th in Las Vegas, NV, and Cottingham & Butler was pleased to send three members of our Construction Practice to network on behalf of our clients/prospects and to attend the construction insurance sessions. A C&B construction client shares, “I attended the IRMI CRC for the first time in 2022 and participated in the Boot Camp which was an impressive 3 days of useful and practical knowledge of construction insurance and risk management. The overall energy and atmosphere of the conference was fun to be a part of and it was great to meet and interact with so many individuals from our insurance policy carriers.”
Additionally, Cottingham & Butler had the distinct honor to speak at two sessions; Nick Thompson presenting “Risk Financing for Middle Market Contractors” and Emily Glanz presenting “Using Representation and Warranty Insurance in Mergers and Acquisitions.” Risk Financing was a topic chosen due to Cottingham & Butler’s extensive knowledge in alternative risk strategies, including captive insurance, retrospective rating and large deductible plans, and self-insurance. Because of the increased Merger and Acquisition activity and succession planning discussions, Representation and Warranty Insurance is a topic particularly applicable in the current economy and is a relatively misunderstood insurance coverage.
Cottingham & Butler proudly sponsors representatives of our Construction Vertical to attend the IRMI CRC so that we continue to remain at the forefront of the construction risk and insurance industry, ultimately for the benefit of our clients. We are happy to discuss takeaways from any of the sessions with current clients and prospective clients who would like to meet and discuss further. Please reach out to your Representative today.
A listing of 2022 sessions:
- A Comprehensive Approach to Preventing Serious Injuries and Fatalities
- Beware of These 10 Contract Provisions
- Builders Risk Checklist
- Building the Bridge: Breaking Down Barriers for Women in Insurance
- Construction Defect Losses: Understanding, Preventing, and Defending
- Construction Ergonomics: Managing Risks with Advanced Technologies
- Construction Industry Trends and Challenges
- Contractor Costs of Managing Risks
- Crane Exposures: Are You on the Hook?
- Cyber Resilience for Contractors
- Demystifying AR, VR, & Robotics
- Dissecting the CGL Exclusions for Damage to the Product
- Do Owners & Contractors Need D&O?
- Fleet Risk Management Strategies
- Hot Topics in Workers Compensation
- Insurance Coverage Challenges When Terminating a Wrap Up
- Insuring Environmental Risks on Large Infrastructure Projects
- Managing Complex Builders Risk Claims
- Managing the Emerging Risk and Opportunity of Video in the Workplace
- Risk Financing for Middle Market Contractors
- Strategies for Supply Chain and Cost Escalation Management
- Subcontractor Prequalification Strategies
- The Connected Work Site
- Trading In Risk: Navigating Increased Professional Exposures
- Using AI and Job Site Imagery to Mitigate Risk and Improve Safety
- Using Lean Construction Practices to Mitigate Project Risk
- Using Representation and Warranty Insurance in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Water Monitoring Systems and Builders Risk